The Specialist Tier III Technical Support will proactively support junior technicians in ensuring the health of the network by closely keeping up to date with the administration, installation, modification, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repair of all network related hardware for Legacy Network and ISP core network. This person will also be responsible for working with adjacent departments to ensure the security and health of the network is not compromised.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs job duties consistent with safety, legal, regulatory, company and business practices and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Tier II TSS in a hands-on role responsible for the following; Configure, install, and maintain network equipment, connectivity, and network services across local area networks (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and remote access
- Provide support and technical expertise in networking technology to include analysis and set up of router tables
- Assist in evaluating and recommended new network equipment and services for use within the local and wide area networking environment
- Work with vendors to resolve issues that cannot be resolved internally.
- Validate trouble descriptions and perform detailed trouble diagnosis and provided documentation as needed.
- Develop trouble resolution procedures required to meet Mean Time to Repair and Network Availability goals and objectives.
- Create preventative reports identifying trends, repeat and chronic issues.
- Use network management systems and protocol analyzers to troubleshoot and analyze network traffic.
- Maintain awareness of network activities affecting elements.
- Design, configure, maintain, and manage network security features.
- Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and faults.
- Advise on network upgrades and other configuration changes to network elements to maintain service levels.
- Analyze network performance through trend analysis, messaging and reports and take appropriate corrective action.
- Support change activities to implement service restoration.
- Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution of IP/MPLS network problems.
- Conduct analysis and trouble resolution of escalated/high priority network problems.
- Configure IP network equipment as necessary to deploy and restore services.
- Review pending services and technologies to ensure competency and ability to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Interface with customers both internal and external to ensure timely resolution service impacting network trouble.
- Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Perform critical network maintenance and upgrades on existing network elements during maintenance windows as required.
Contributes to department activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Strong analytical skills in the interconnectivity of networks and operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco hardware and software platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco Catalyst OS, Quality of Service.
- Configurations, Cisco routing and switching (Cisco LightStreem 1010 ATM), VPN configuration, Juniper/Checkpoint firewall configuration and network access servers.
- Familiarly with Cisco Unity and the interconnection with MS Exchange.
- Extensive experience with technology such as RedBack, Adtran and Alcatel DSLAM.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in multiple areas of packet transport systems, circuit-mode (TDM) and packet-mode/soft switching systems, VOIP, Data/IP, ATM, DWDM, MPLS, DSL, DSLAM’s, CPE equipment, traffic profiling and multiplexers including BITS timing.
- Strong knowledge of SONET and transport systems such as Fujitsu, Nortel, Lucent and Cisco.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to follow through with multiple projects with minimal supervision, and provide a high level of accuracy within tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to provide after hours/on call support as part of mandatory network support program in rotation with other team members.
Send resume and a 2 year salary history.
We will respond to all qualified candidates with in 24 hours.
NO H1b candidates
NO Agency candidates
This is a full time, permanent employment position with benefits.
Contact Tom @ (603) 893-7772 ext. 28/ email@example.com